Mary J. Naimish, CFLS – Partner
TEL 619-233-9500 (Symphony Towers)
TEL 619.523.9900 (Point Loma Office)
Mary J. Naimish is a founding partner of Naimish & Lewis Law, APC. Ms. Naimish brings to her clients dedication and the expertise she has gained as a family law and trusts and estates attorney for more than 20 years.
Ms. Naimish was born and raised in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Her father was a lawyer in Canada, and she worked at his office in the summertime during her university years when she was not enjoying sports and the Rocky Mountains. Ms. Naimish received her undergraduate degree from the University of Alberta and her law degree from the Thomas Jefferson School of Law. After passing the California Bar Exam in 1994, Ms. Naimish discovered that practicing in family law and trusts and estates law uniquely afforded her the opportunity to help clients during times of need and develop expertise in crossover related issues between the two practice areas. With unwavering commitment to expanding her knowledge base in her area of practice, Ms. Naimish has received her credential as a Certified Family Law Specialist by the California State Bar.
Ms. Naimish has devoted her career to helping families in all areas of family law including divorce, legal separation, domestic partnerships, child custody, child and spousal support, paternity, domestic violence and collections. She also devotes time to drafting and reviewing premarital and post-marital agreements and has experience in mediation and collaborative law. In addition, she has a crossover practice in trusts and estates administration and estate planning, along with experience in guardianships and conservatorships.
When she is not working, Ms. Naimish enjoys reading, cooking, gardening, raising Monarch butterflies, exercise and spending time with her two teenage sons.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Dissolution of Marriage
- Legal Separation
- Domestic Partnerships
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Child, Spousal and Family Support
- Prenuptial (Premarital) Agreements
- Marital (Post-marital) Agreements
- Mediation and Collaborative Law
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders (DV-TROs)
- Estate Planning
- Trust Administration
- Probate Administration
- Guardianship, Conservatorship, and Limited Conservatorship
- California, 1994
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1994
- California Certified Legal Specialist in Family Law, 2013
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego, CA J.D. – 1993
- University of Alberta, Alberta, Calgary, Canada B.S.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member
- San Diego Family Law Bar Association, Member
- Probate Attorneys of San Diego (PASD), Member
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists (ACFLS), Member
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC), Member
- San Diego County Superior Court, Temporary Judge