back to Lawyers
Denise E. Stich, Esq.
Senior Associate/Managing Associate
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Estate Planning
- Trust Administration
- Probate Administration
- Guardianship, Conservatorship, and Limited Conservatorship
- California, 1993
- University of San Diego - LL.M., International Law (Cum Laude) – 2000
- Santa Clara University - J.D. (Summa Cum Laude) – 1993
- United States Naval Academy - B.S. with Distinction – 1986 - Major: English
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member, At Large Member of Military Law Section
- Probate Attorneys of San Diego (PASD), Member, Editor PASD Handbook Committee
- Voices for Children, Court Appointed Special Advocate
- Armed Services YMCA of San Diego, Director, Board of Management
- Estate Planning Group Network, Member
Denise E. Stich, Esq. – Associate
Denise E. Stich specializes in estate planning. Denise works with our estate planning clients to create a comprehensive estate plan that not only considers asset management for probate and non-probate assets but also develops the client’s legal contingency plan in the event of serious injury, incapacity, or death through important instruments such as an Advance Health Care Directive and Power of Attorney for Asset Management in addition to a Will and Revocable Trust. She also assists our clients in trust administration and probate matters, including settling estates, conservatorships, and guardianships.
With over two decades of military service as a surface warfare officer and judge advocate in the U.S. Navy, Denise uses her military legal expertise and veteran’s perspective to assist our clients with issues related to military service. Her distinguished military service includes tours as Commanding Officer for a major Region Legal Service Office, Fleet Judge Advocate for U.S. Naval Central Command/U.S. FIFTH Fleet and U.S. Fleet Cyber Command/TENTH Fleet, and Special Assistant for Legal and Legislative Matters for the Vice Chief of Naval Operations, Office of the Chief of Naval Operations (OPNAV). She retired as a Navy Captain on January 1, 2015.
A United States Naval Academy graduate, Denise holds both a law degree and a Master of Laws. She was admitted to the State Bar of California in 1993 and has become an active member of the San Diego legal community since returning to the San Diego area after completion of her military service. She is a member of the San Diego County Bar Association (Estate Planning, Trusts and Probate Law; Family Law; and Military Law sections) and Probate Attorneys of San Diego. She currently volunteers with Voices for Children as a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA), helping foster children in San Diego County.